Aarambh has started schools in rural areas where we match up with our definition
of deprived. At present, we are running two schools in rural areas of Bihar. First
one is at Derhgaon (Rohtas) while other one is at Maheshwara (Begusarai) having
200 and 60 students respectively. Derhgaon school has classes from Nursery to Class
VII while Maheshwara school runs from Class I to Class V.
At Aarambh, we focus on providing quality education. For maintaining quality, Aarambh
has set some standards and to achieve those we follow these steps:
- Discipline:Students and Teachers come on time. School starts with Prayer and Pledge and overall discipline is maintained.
- Newspaper reading and five general knowledge questions asked daily during assembly.
- Weekly Tests: Conducted every Monday. Answer notebook sent to parents for their signature.
- Moral Education or Personality Development Class: Once a week we have a moral class wherein teachers talk about moral values, great personalities of India etc.
- Organising Events:We conduct quiz competition, drawing competition, debates, singing & dancing activities etc on the eve of Republic Day, Independence Day, Gandhi Jayanti, Teacher’s Day, Children’s Day, Aarambh’s Anniversary etc.
- Recognising Students:Awarding students with certificates and story books (Amar Chitra Katha books, NBT books etc), sports items, drawing materials etc.
- Library:We are making a library to develop reading habit among students after school hours.
- Engaging Parents:We do parent-teacher meeting every Saturday to highlight the role of parents in education. We ask them to keep their wards motivated and have faith in the hidden talent of their children.
- No Discrimination:Every student (including teachers) are equal at Aarambh and no one discriminates anyone on the basis of caste or gender or religion etc.